During the global pandemic we are all facing, it’s important to stay at home. This is the best way we can “flatten the curve” and avoid risking ourselves and others. However, this also means we’re stuck at home. We may start getting lazy, given our normal routines have been disrupted. It’s now more important than ever to find some home exercises for joint pain. Living a sedentary lifestyle can take years off of your life. We’re going to go over a few ways you can keep moving your body and its joints, to make sure you stay in tip-top shape.
Best Home Exercises for Joint Pain
When you’re sitting on the couch, or in a chair, for long periods of time, you may end up feeling your back hurt. You may even feel like you have arthritis in your knees. To help avoid joint pain altogether, try the best home exercises for joint pain below.
*As with any exercise, you should always consult your physician.
Heels & Calves Stretch
This stretch will focus on your calf and heel muscles. Here’s what you do:
- Stand up and face a wall.
- Put both of your hands on the wall, moving one of your feet back until just before it’s uncomfortable. Make sure your toes are directly facing the wall. Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Switch to repeat the same steps for the other foot.
- Perform this stretch twice.
This exercise focus on your quadriceps, which are muscles on the front side of your thighs. Here’s how this stretch is done:
- Stand facing a wall. Keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your right knee, letting your foot touch your glutes.
- Grab your ankle and pull it to your glutes. Only go as far as is comfortable.
- Hold this for half a minute.
- Put your foot back down. Switch to stretch the other leg.
- Repeat this exercise twice for each leg.
This stretch will focus on your hamstrings and glutes. You will need to keep your core tight to do this one properly. Here’s how it’s done:
- Face a wall while standing. Place your feet hip-width apart.
- Lift up one leg, while bending your knee. Raise the heel of that leg upwards. Raise it as much as you can. Keep your body as still as you can.
- Hold this position between 5 and 10 seconds.
- Place your leg back down and repeat the exercise on the leg other.
- Do this 10 times for 2-3 sets.
This exercise strengthens your legs and thighs without straining your knees. Here’s how to do it:
- Stand up straight and then bend your knees slightly into a squat. Keep your feet shoulder-width apart. Keep your back straight and put your hands together and straight out in front of you.
- Look forward and hold your 10-inch squat.
- Hold the squat for four seconds, then push on your heels to stand up.
- Perform this exercise 10 times and do two or three sets.
Home Exercises for Leg Extension
This exercise will strengthen your quadriceps, which alleviates pressure on your knees. Here’s how you can do it:
- Grab a chair and sit up straight in it.
- Place your feet flat on the ground. Keep them hip-width apart.
- Face forward and extend your left leg as high as you can. Make sure to keep your buttocks on the chair.
- Hold this stretch for a few moments before placing your foot back down on the floor.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times on each side. Perform 2-3 sets of this stretch.
Wrapping Up our Home Exercises
You can strengthen your joints even more by taking a natural joint supplement. JointFuel360 is a trusted supplement that is packed with all natural ingredients. Don’t wait until joint pain sets in. You can implement strategies for health and wellness over the long term. An active lifestyle, combined with a healthy diet and quality health supplements is a great way to help you keep moving!
* These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.